Black Bean Agoyin
- 🧑🍳 Easy
- ⏱ Prep: 5mins
- 🥘 Cook: 15mins
- 🍴 Serves 4
Try this 5 ingredient black bean agoyin as an alternative weeknight meal. It’s perfect for those tired evenings after work, the school run, a work out or just a lie in. Pair with plantains to add more suppleness to this delicious dinner.
Black Bean Agoyin Ingredients
- 4 red onions, thinly sliced.
- 4 packs of kidney beans, rinsed out.
- 12ml palm oil.
- 20ml of sunflower oil (or other oil of choice with a high smoke point).
- 1 tsp salt.
- 3 plantains, sliced.
Black Bean Agoyin Preparation
- Firstly, prepare your plantains by adding to your deep fryer / air fryer. Allow to fry at 180˚C for 20 mins.
- Add your washed kidney beans to your pot and add 2 glasses of water and salt. Allow to cook until soft and mushy.
- After beans is ready, use the end of your spoon to stir while mashing. Add the palm oil and set aside.
- In a separate pot, add your oil and onions. Allow to fry under medium heat while continuously stirring. Onions are ready when they turn golden in colour and look caramelised.
Serving: My usual plate normally contains a portion of bean, fried plantains and onion sauce ©
💡All in one for dinner in the week.
Leave a Reply