Nigerian Grilled Fish and Plantain
- 🧑🍳 Medium
- ⏱ Prep: 10mins
- 🥘 Cook: 20mins
- 🍴 Serves 4
So yum! If you’re like me and get bored of your food quickly, this is a delicious dish to try to get your taste buds tingling again!. Having guests over? Lazing about on a weekend or just tired of swallow (fufu, eba, iyan) everyday? Pepper grilled fish and plantain is one for the home-cooked bucket list.
Grilled Peppered Fish Ingredients
- 4 Tilapia Fish, washed and descaled
- Olive oil
- Crayfish Stock Powder
- Dried Thyme
- Curry Powder
- Green Chilli
- Red Chilli
- Red Onion
- Scotch Bonnet
- Fresh Rosemary (not compulsory)
Other Recommendations: use croaker fish or sea brim instead of tilapia.
Grilled Peppered Fish Direction
- Set the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Pat out any excess water with paper towels and rub the salt, stock cube powder, rosemary and curry powder all over your fish and leave to marinade.
- In a separate process, bring your red bell pepper and garlic to an oven tray. Coat peppers with olive oil and leave to grill in the oven for 10mins.
- Remove peppers and blend with ginger, scotch bonnet and rosemary. This makes the fish sauce.
- Make 3 horizontal cuts on the fish on both sides. Add the sauce into the flesh of the fish.
- Once your fish has been coated in the sauce, add the thyme inside and leave the fish in the oven at 180 degs celsius to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Set aside on the cooling rack for a few minutes to set. Serve while hot.
Serving: Allow to rest for 5 mins and serve with your plantains ©
Leave a Reply