Pancake with Blueberries
- 🧑🍳 Easy
- ⏱ Prep: 10mins
- 🥘 Cook: 10mins
- 🍴 Serves 2
Pancake 🥞 day is a national celebration that happens every year on the 2nd to last Tuesday in February. It celebrates the beginning of lent before easter and everyone looks forward to creating the almost perfect to eat delicacy. Pancake is a wonderful fried alternative to pastries. In this recipe, I share my creative twist to prepare this meal.
Pancake with Blueberries Ingredients
- 15g caster / granulated / brown sugar
- 250g Plain Flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp yoghurt
- 10g butter, melted
- 150ml Double Cream
- 2 Medium Free Range Eggs
- 10g Fresh Blueberries
Other recommendations: If you’re after a more fluffy pancake texture (american style), add 2 tsp of baking soda to the pancake batter. Allow to rest for 5 mins to activate the agent. Swap double cream for oat milk or soya milk for a vegan option.
Pancake with Blueberries Preparation
- For wet Ingredients, carefully crack your eggs in a bowl. Whisk until foamy textured. Add your double cream, yoghurt and butter and continue to mix.
- In a separate bowl, for dry ingredients, pour out the flour and sugar and add a pinch of salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient bowl. Whisk all together until you have a smooth textured batter.
- Put your frying pan on medium heat and spray your vegetable / sunflower oil. Add a serving spoon of batter to heat, place your blueberries in the batter of pancake in the fry pan as soon as it’s been placed on heat. Flip the pancake till both sides are ready. Repeat until all batter is cooked.
Serving: Plate your pancakes and place a sliced butter portion on it. Dust with icing sugar.
💡Using a food processor would cut your prep time by half. As an avid believer in not staying too long in the kitchen, I regularly use my Ninja 3 in 1 food processor. Other brands include Magimix, Kitchen Aid or Kenwood.
Leave a Reply