Quick Prawn Pasta Bake
- 🧑🍳 Medium
- ⏱ Prep: 5mins
- 🥘 Cook: 20mins
- 🍴 Serves 4
This simple recipe is so simple, it’s my go to when I’m tired from the day and don’t have much energy left to cook. The oven does the cooking and I do the resting. Pair with a salad base to fulfil a balanced diet for dinner.
Prawn Pasta Bake Ingredients
- Olive oil
- 500ml water
- 300g fusilli pasta
- 20g cheddar cheese, grated
- 250g cooked king prawn
- 350g sun ripened tomato and basil sauce
- 25g of washed spinach, chopped
- ½ a bunch of fresh basil, chopped
- 50g Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 60g wild rocket leaves, washed and spun
Prawn Pasta Bake Preparation
- Add 500ml of water to a pot, add olive oil and add the pasta. Bring to a boil under medium heat. Remove and drain the excess water after 15 mins making sure the pasta is al dente, has cooked but still a little bit hard in the middle. Can test by biting one.
- In a separate bowl, remove the tail and wash your prawns.
- Add olive oil to a pan and combine the remaining sauce ingredients in the same pan. Fry under medium heat for 10 mins. Make sure to continually stir sauce.
- Add washed prawns to sauce. Cook for 5 mins. Mix sauce into the pasta. Add cheddar cheese and fold into mixture.
- Transfer mixture to an oiled baking ceramic dish / glassware. Level the mixture in the dish and cover with remaining cheddar cheese. Cook in the oven for 15 mins under 180˚C until the top is golden brown.
- Set aside on the cooling rack for a few minutes to set. Serve while hot.
Serving: Allow to rest and serve with either a rocket salad base with grated parmesan; or mixed vegetables with salad dressing. My usual plate normally contains a base of rocket salad, pasta bake portion and grated parmesan to top it off ©
💡Another tip I like to use is adding cheddar cheese through the layers of my pasta mix before cooking in the oven. This helps achieve a more indulgent and rich taste when served.
Leave a Reply