Grapefruit Grande Juice
- 🥣Prep: 10mins
- ⏳Settle Time: 0mins
- 🍽Serves: 4
This drink is so delicious and beneficial to all my calorie counters and weight watchers. Grapefruit contains a high amount of vitamin c that half a grapefruit (approx. 150ml) already counts towards your one of five a day portion. Ginger on the other-hand is great at reducing nausea and relieving muscle pain. Did I also mention this recipe is power packed with anti aging, anti oxidant, anti bloating, anti macular degeneration, heart healthy and anti inflammatory properties? Oh plus it’s full of flavour!
Grapefruit Grande Juice Ingredients
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 oranges, juiced and deseeded
- 1 tbsp, peeled and chopped ginger
- 100ml Elderflower cordial
- 1 grapefruit, juiced and deseeded
- 800ml seltzer
- 4 sugar rimmed tumblers
Grapefruit Grande Mocktail Preparation
- Add all the oranges, ginger and grapefruit juice to a blender. Blend until all the ginger is fully dissolved.
- Pour the mixture to a shaker with ice. Shake until the shaker becomes cold on the outside.
- Strain the mixture from the shaker to a jug, add sugar to taste, ice and top up with the seltzer.
- Divide the drink into four sugar rimmed glasses.
Serving: Dress your grapefruit grande with grapefruit slices for garnish. For best results, leave the drink in the pitcher for up to 30 mins – 1 hour to allow ingredients germinate and release taste. Serve cold.
💡Using a food processor would cut your prep time by half. As an avid believer in not staying too long in the kitchen. For this recipe, I used my NutriBullet. I also regularly use my Ninja 3 in 1 food processor. Other brands include Magimix, Kitchen Aid or Kenwood.
Please check with your healthcare provider if you’re pregnant or on any form of medication. It is recommended that pregnant women take no more than 1g of ginger a day (except if you’re close to labour). Studies also show that grapefruit should not be consumed with certain medications as it can alter the effectiveness of certain medications.
Leave a Reply