Super Simple Vanilla Muffin
- 🧑🍳 Easy
- ⏱ Prep: 10mins
- 🥘 Cook: 30mins
- 🍴 Serves 4
I was craving muffins one night and decided to make my own. Surprisingly, it took me under 10 mins to prep. I prefer making my own meals if and when I can to substitute for overly processed foods. In a way, it’s a win-win situation, I learn more about what I’m eating, cut down on my sugar intake and have better control over my food portions.
Super Simple Vanilla Muffin Ingredients
- 300g self raising flour
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- I tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200g salted butter, melted
- 60ml vegetable / sunflower oil
- 3 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 25ml vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean pod
- 270ml of double cream
- 50ml of water
For the Icing
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp mascarpone
- 2 tbsp soft cheese
- 1 tspn sprinkles
Super Simple Vanilla Muffin Preparation
- Set the oven to preheat 200˚C. Line a 12-cup muffin tray with large muffin cases.
- Combine your dry ingredients as measured in one bowl. Mix well together.
- In another bowl, melt your butter. Bring to room temperature then add your vegetable oil, vanilla extract and double cream. Which together.
- In a separate bowl, carefully crack your eggs. Which together until well combined and add to your cream mixture. Now add 50ml of water to the wet batter.
- In your dry ingredient bowl, make a hole in the middle and slowly add your wet ingredients to fill the hole.
- Now, mix until the last streak of flour is combined.
- Cover with cling film and allow to rest for up to 1 hour.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. Sprinkle the muffin top with sugar (*optional).
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20 – 30 minutes. Test that the muffin is done by inserting a skewer into the centre. It should come out clean. If otherwise, leave in the oven for a few minutes more.
Serving: Leave the muffins to cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes. Serve while still warm.
💡For best results, let your double cream come to room temperature before mixing into recipe; allow your batter to rest between 1-2 hours at room temperature; add in a portion of greek yoghurt; fill your muffin cases to the very top.
Leave a Reply