Healthy Green Smoothie
- 🧑🍳 Easy
- ⏱ Prep: 10mins
- 🥘 Settle Time: 0mins
- 🍴 Serves 3
This healthy smoothie has become part of a lifestyle and alternates with my detox juice. I take it as an alternative to breakfast when I’m on the go. I find it works best to wake my bowels up and give me that energy I need to kick start my day.
Kiwi is great at fighting free radicals and has anti-aging properties. Apples are great for taste and an excellent source of vitamin C. Celery is fantastic for its high caloric density and fibres. Spinach is good for the blood as it contains vitamin K, helps blood clot. Kale contains vitamin A which is good for 20/20 vision, hair and nail growth. Bananas make you feel full and lowers cholesterol.
Healthy Green Smoothie Ingredients
- 500ml oat milk, unsweetened
- 1 gala apple, hulled and quartered
- 100g spinach, washed
- 50g curly kale, washed
- 4 celery sticks, washed and cut into slices to feed into chute
- 2 kiwis, washed, peeled and quartered to feed into chute
- 2 whole bananas, peeled and halved
Other Recommendations: Use a strainer or cheesecloth to remove any extra fibres in your drink. You can also alternate the celery with cucumber or the gala apples with green apples for a different taste
Healthy Green Smoothie Preparation
- Place all ingredients into a food blender or juicer.
- Blend until smooth and no fibres left in the drink.
- Pour into your cup and enjoy.
💡Using a food processor would cut your prep time by half. As an avid believer in not staying too long in the kitchen, I regularly use my Ninja 3 in 1 food processor. Other brands include Nutribullet, Magimix, Kitchen Aid or Kenwood.
Leave a Reply