Stir Fry Noodles
- 👨🍳 Medium
- ⏱ Prep: 20 mins
- 🥘 Cook: 10 mins
- 🍽 Serves 2
I normally make my noodles plain with just pieces of chicken / beef or whatever is available. Today, I’ve decided to make stir fry noodles with what’s left in my store cupboard. This tasty meal can be stored for up to 5 days in the fridge, used as a pack meal or had for lunch when working from home and there’s no time to make something to eat.
Stir Fry Ingredients
Sauce Ingredients (1)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tspn salt
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 1/2 tsp curry powder (hot or ordinary)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
Stir Fry Meat Ingredients (2)
- 100g dried ramen noodles
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 8-10 medium raw shrimp / prawns, shelled and deveined
- 3 sliced and diced chicken breasts
- 1/2 medium onion , thinly sliced (brown)
- 3 bunches of spring onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, freshly grated
Stir Fry Vegetable Ingredients (3)
- 1 cup red capsicum / bell pepper
- 2 tsp thinly sliced hot habanero or lantern red pepper
- 1/2 Green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 200g peashoot
- 10g mangetout
Other recommendations: I have used ramen noodles in this recipe. Recommend using rice vermicelli or egg noodles for a more authentic taste. You can also add fried egg to this dish.
Stir Fry Preparation
- Mix the sauce ingredients (1) in a small bowl and stir together.
- Cook the noodles as instructed on the package for best results. 5mins is enough. Sieve and drain any excess water.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the stir fry ingredients (2) except the noodles, meat and prawns. Add half portion of the sauce ingredients to the wok. Fry for 5mins.
- Once the onion becomes softer and looks caramelised, add the chicken and cook under medium heat for 10mins. Then add the prawns. Cook for 3mins.
- Once the chicken and prawns are done, add the char siu and cook under medium heat for 5mins.
- In a separate wok or fry pan, add oil to the pan and toss in the vegetable ingredients. Sprinkle 3 tbspn of soy sauce to the vegetable ingredients and 2 tbspn white wine vinegar. Add the remaining sauce ingredients (1). Cook for 3 mins.
- Now add the meat sauce and vegetables to the noodles. Toss until the noodle is fully coated. Cook for 2 mins.
Serving: serve immediately ©
💡For a less intense flavour, use light soy sauce. If you don’t have homemade or store bought char siu, substitute with diced chicken, you can also add vegetables to the mix.
Leave a Reply